Happy St. Patricks Day!
I am not Irish, but I have family and friends who are! I am wearing green panties today, so you cannot pinch me neener neener neener! hahah! My grandma makes the most amazing corn beef & cabbage every year! A Japanese woman who can cook like an Irish woman! Amen!
St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated on March 17, the saint’s religious feast day and the anniversary of his death in the fifth century. The Irish have observed this day as a religious holiday for over 1,000 years. On St. Patrick’s Day, which falls during the Christian season of Lent, Irish families would traditionally attend church in the morning and celebrate in the afternoon. Lenten prohibitions against the consumption of meat were waived and people would dance, drink and feast–on the traditional meal of Irish bacon and cabbage.
Cheers to being Irish! xo
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! (starspry.wordpress.com)
- St. Patrick’s Day On The Cheap (savings.com)
- Happy St Patrick’s Day (itsrazorsharp.wordpress.com)
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day weekend (rehabrn.blogspot.com)
- How to have a great St. Patrick’s Day 2012 celebration (seattlepi.com)
- What to eat for St. Patrick’s Day (onaquasirelatednote.wordpress.com)
- Don’t depend on dumb luck this St. Patrick’s Day (melrichardson.wordpress.com)
- St. Patrick’s Day and Me Grandmother (thepetalpusher.me)
- St. Paddy’s Day CElebration! (pdresources.wordpress.com)
- Fantasy Friday ~ A Wee Bit O’Luck and Legend (tamerietherton.com)